Home

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stone Temple Pilots rocks Ottawa!

Hello Ottawa, it's a me, Luigi!

My a good friends over at The Daily Breakthrough have asked me to write a little review from last night's Bluesfest concert! Here a goes nothing:

Almost 20,000 people crowded LeBreton Flats last night to see one of the biggest acts of the 1990s play for a very enthusiastic Bluesfest crowd. And the band did not disappoint.

After a 10-year hiatus, Stone Temple Pilots, led by charismatic front man Scott Weiland, rocked the Ottawa crowd despite the unusually damp and cold weather. The stage was lit by blinding lights and the sound was an ear splitting treat for my cartoon ears!

In my small town in Italy, we did not have such music. But I must say, it was a special evening for everyone in attendance, including myself. Ottawa really knows how to have fun!

The concert was capped off when dozens of concertgoers made there way over to Pubwells at the corner of Preston Street and Spruce Street for wings and birra!

It was a perfect evening. Thanks Bluesfest for bringing such a good acts to Ottawa.

Ciao for now!

P.S. If you send me a pic from last night's concert to catchluigi@prestonstreet.com, I will put you in the weekly draw for a gift certificate on Preston Street!


Who is Luigi? Find out at Catch Luigi.