Home

Monday, June 21, 2010

My New Favourite Place for Summertime Fun in Ottawa

This summer, if you are wondering what to do in Ottawa to beat the heat, look no further than Canada's newest and largest theme waterpark, Calypso. Those in Ottawa, Montreal, and everywhere in between are in luck as this water wonderland is located in nearby Limoges, Ontario!

The park opened earlier this month and I can vouch for its awesomeness, having spent the day there this past weekend. Oddly enough, I heard about the park via the Globe and Mail in a recent article profiling owner Guy Drouin. I haven't personally seen or heard any marketing and advertising for the park around town, but I imagine that word of mouth for this destination will soon take off like wild fire.

All you need to do is check out the Rides and Attractions section of the website to get a sense of the excitement that this place generates for kids of all ages. My advice would be to arrive before the gates even open to avoid the lines!