Home

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Yo Gabba Gabba to Entertain the Kiddies in Ottawa

When searching for what to do in Ottawa, I happened to stumble upon the fact that Yo Gabba Gabba is coming to Ottawa in November to put on a live show at Scotiabank Place. I must admit that I'm pretty out of the loop when it comes to the kiddie scene, but I had heard of Yo Gabba Gabba thanks to one of my favourite shows, E!'s The Soup (check out the video below).


So when I found the Ottawa concert listing, I clicked on the link to the Yo Gabba Gabba website and took a peek just for fun. What I found that was most interesting was a video featuring Jimmy Eat World singing and playing their instruments on top of flying giant cats and dogs. Say what? Jimmy Eat World makes music for kids? Are kindergarteners really their new target market? After giving it a bit of thought, I realized how genius this is in terms of a marketing approach. While the kids will love it, their parents will think it isn't half bad, especially if their ears are still bleeding from some of those other children's performers that will remain nameless in this blog post. They may even check Jimmy Eat World out on iTunes and download old favourites or find new ones. Smart.