Last month MB became Ottawa’s second officially Certified Google Adwords Partner. Internally this news was fantastic. Word was filtered through the watercooler, emails and texts, with staff feeling very proud and excited about this achievement.
Soon after, word started spreading to our clients, garnering a different response.
“Congratulations. What is a Certified Partner?” or “Good for you. Will my bill be going up?”
To begin, no, bills are not going up, but these interactions raised out very good points related to our relationships with clients as online marketers. Most importantly, it exemplifies that the most important part of any Adwords campaign is trust.
Like many other Ottawa marketing firms, Marketing Breakthroughs manages thousands of online marketing dollars for clients every day. Our clients know how much we spend, and they know how many leads these tactics generate, but the strategy that turns money into leads is primarily trusted in our hands.
Often they will ask:
- How many leads did we get this week?
- Are we targeting “example keyword”?
- Do we have ads that say “product benefit”?
- What is our cost per click?
- Are we bidding on ten keywords or ten thousand?
- What is the Adwords allocation between search, display, video and mobile ads into the Ottawa market?
- How have we structured the landing pages and what is our Google Adwords quality score?
- Are we running false advertising that will lead to our Adwords account being banned like the 50,000 Adwords accounts Google banned in 2010?
- Are you one of the companies that Google recently sued for $1.6 million for promoting fake Adwords services?
So do I expect that clients will begin asking about MB being Ottawa’s second Google Adwords Certified Partner? No. They trust that MB will handle their Google Adwords Campaign effectively and within the Google guidelines at all times.
Is it because we are certified? No. We underwent the training to become a Certified Google Adwords Partner because we want to be the best Adwords provider in Ottawa.
So why do our clients bring their Adwords business to MB?
For results? Well, yes...but more importantly, because we have built their trust.